Sunday 1 February 2015

Serge & Sew Colour of the Month - Fox in a Box


"Fox in a Box"

Pattern by Jeni Baker
Book:  Fun-Size Quilts, compiled by Karen M. Burns
Size:  18.25" x 18.25"

February's Colour of the Month Challenge Fabric at Serge & Sew is this gray with the white circles.  The background is Kona Cotton (in white?) and the other fabrics were all pulled from my scrap bins.  The eyes are Élan 14mm buttons.  I know this project is a bit bigger than the challenge guidelines ("no bigger than an average placemat") but I couldn't seem to stop making the foxes to make it that little bit smaller...I just love them!


On the back is a leftover piece of white from something else - I'm not sure what it is, except I'm pretty sure it's not Kona Cotton like I used on the front & for the binding.


One more look at the foxes and the stipple quilting in between them.


Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment