Saturday 7 February 2015

Scrappy Reds - Pat Sloan's Hip to be Square Challenge


"Scrappy Reds"

Pat Sloan's Hip to be Square Challenge
Size:  48" x 60"

You can see all the entries at at:

www.patsloan.typepad.com

In January Pat Sloan issued a challenge to use up our scraps.  I chose to use my reds and cut them into 2.5" squares.  For my neutral, I pulled from my stash and used the cream fabric with the multi-coloured stars.  It pulls the whole quilt together beautifully even with the eclectic mix of scraps I ended up using (everything and anything I could lay my hands on).


On the back I used a blue flannel with strawberries, ladybugs, and flowers.  It's from Fabricland and I have to admit it also comes with a green background, (which I also have), and a yellow background too.  

The binding I attached entirely by machine (which I don't usually do).  I cut it 2.25" wide, sewed it to the back, flipped it to the front, and stitched it down by machine.  


A couple more pics.


 
Happy Quilting!

Bec


4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely!!! I love that you used all one color scrap fabrics!!! Great job!! Good luck with the Hip to be Square Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bethany! It was actually quite fun only using one colour & the end result was much more my style than a total scrappy quilt. I'll be doing it again in the future as I still have lots of scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your reds! I especially love the constant star fabric that you paired with it. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I plan on doing it again with another colour of scraps when I find some time. The star fabric was from my stash and unfortunately is one of those fabrics that doesn't have any info on the selvages so I don't even know what it is, other than it's cotton.

      Delete