Friday 11 July 2014

Prettified Pincushion


Prettified Pincushion

Pattern from the book Patchwork, Please! by Ayumi Takahashi

Size:  4"w x 1"h x 4"d

Main fabric:  Charm pack:  Noteworthy by Sweetwater for Moda
Grey:  Cosmopolitan 2930 by Northcott

While making my other pincushions recently it made me think of this pincushion which I love.  I got this book last year and this was the first project I pieced from it.  The top is paper pieced but is easy to do even if you've never done it before and Noteworthy is one of my favourite charm packs ever.  I don't know why but then it sat - stuffed - waiting for the final seam to be hand stitched closed, with the buttons to be covered and sewn on (there are two - one on the top and one on the bottom).  So finally, here it is:


Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment