Friday 23 May 2014

Big Goose Chase


Big Goose Chase
Pattern:  Tiny 89 by Pieced a Tree Patterns
Size:  56.5" x 67.5"

Flying Geese have always been one of my favourite blocks.  These ones measure at 4" x 8" (finished)

The light print is by Timeless Treasures (Patt #FUN-C8224), the dark green is Northcott Stonehenge (#3951), and the main print used on each side is by Red Rooster Fabrics:  Around Town by Terri Degenkoib of Whimsicals (DSN #24100)

**I found the main print fabric was not quite wide enough to cut the pieces required in the pattern so I adjusted it slightly and cut the narrower side 15.5" wide instead of 16".  It could be because I always preshrink my fabrics or it could just be a fabric that's just a bit narrower to start with.  I also found that, because I quilted it quite heavily, I lost a bit more length & width once I was finished.  I'm guessing it will shrink up a bit more once it goes through the washer & dryer the first couple of times too.  It will still be a good lap size quilt.

I stitched in the ditch around each of the Flying Geese and the echo quilted approximately 0.5" lines.


I did an allover stipple or meander quilting over the main print.


The backing is a flannel from Fabricland.



Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment