Friday 28 March 2014

Soy Amando Project

Soy Amando Project
by Alison at Little Island Quilting
www.littleislandquilting.blogspot.ca

Canadian contact in Winnipeg, Manitoba:
Kristie at Obsessive Crafting Disorder
www.ocd-obsessivecraftingdisorder.blogspot.ca

I'm excited to have come across this project online.  Alison is collecting 12.5" blocks (quilted with batting & backing).  She will then assemble them into quilts which get sent on a journey to the Netherlands and then to their final home - a home for street children in Mexico City.  Alison posts pictures of the quilts on her blog as she finishes them.  She has also posted pictures of the first batch of quilts arriving in Mexico.  

Kristie is coordinating sending blocks to Alison from Canada (if you're from another country check Alison's blog for contact details for your country).

I thought I would make a couple of blocks, but I'm up to five so far and I'm sure I'm not finished yet.  There are no rules except the block has to be 12.5".  I decided to do the Broken Dishes block just because I really like it and have lots of scraps that fit the size needed.  I stitched in the ditch for the quilting.  I might continue doing them all the same or I might change it up - I like having the freedom to do what I feel like.

These are the backs of my blocks: 


The jungle-ish print is from my stash and is by Nicole de Leon for Alexander Henry - it's so fun & will brighten up any room when you see the back of the quilt.

Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment