Sunday 19 January 2014

Pave the Way


Pattern:  Pave the Way by Karen L. Gray, BH & G Quilt Sampler Spring/Summer 2011
Size:  52.5" x 71.5"
Quilted by Lainey Wilkins, Powell River, BC

A couple of years ago my sister-in-law gave me a bundle of batik fat quarters that she had seen at a fabric store and thought I might like.  (Usually my family members think I have too much fabric already!). I added to them a bit and this is the result.


The quilting has been done by Lainey Wilkins of Powell River, BC.  The leaf pattern works perfectly with the batiks and the backing (see below).

Thread:  King Tut 963


The backing is a flannel by Northcott called Reptile Rumpus (but no reptiles are actually in sight!).  



I think Lisa & Aron will enjoy their new quilt and I imagine sometime in the future a similar quilt will make an appearance as I have a stack of leftover blocks and I love this one :)

Happy Quilting!

Bec

1 comment:

  1. And I am enjoying my new quilt!! Although my children keep trying to get their hands on it, I've told them this ones mine!

    ReplyDelete