Wednesday 29 January 2014

Nesting Boxes


Nesting Boxes 
Pattern by Laurraine Yuyama
Book:  Zakka Style compiled by Rashida Coleman-Hale
Sizes:  4", 5" & 6" boxes

I had planned on making these boxes more similar to how they are picture in the book in linen (where I used blue) and more earth tones but I came across the print by Blend (who I'm not familiar with) called Hello World and couldn't resist it.  I added the organic cotton by Moda (same print, three different color ways) and the blue Color Weave by P & B Textiles.  I'm not a big fan of hand sewing so in future I will probably do the final assembly in a different way but I love these nesting boxes so much that I might be tempted to do the handwork all over again :)

Each side is a little different:

Happy Quilting!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment