Thursday 25 July 2013

Fabric Covered Cork Bulletin Board

This is my new bulletin board beside my sewing room door.  Usually I have scraps of paper taped to the wall & door with green painter's tape with lists & reminders, etc., but yesterday I was at Dollarama and saw these Cork Bulletin Boards which are approximately 11.5" square.  

They already have two hangers attached with screws on the back which can be removed and then re-attached after covering the bulletin board with fabric (stapled it) and adding a felt bumper (glued it) on the back over the staples so the wall doesn't get scratched.


I was planning to glue some buttons to the thumbtacks but if you look in the bottom left corner of the first picture you'll see the ones I bought are pretty cute just as they are.  I think the hardest part will just be covering up the dragonflies with notes.  I'll probably still tape the notes to the wall around the bulletin board for a while :)

Happy sewing!

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment