Thursday 13 June 2013

Chevrons - at last!

Ever since Quilting Quickly - Summer 2013 came out I've been waiting for chevron fabric to arrive at Serge & Sew.  I knew it had been ordered ages ago but I also know that fabric just comes when it comes no matter when it's ordered.  Finally some came from Northcott's Feathered Friends line so I could make my version of Hard Candy.
I used a Maywood Studio Shadow Play and my EZ Quilter Easy Dresden Ruler instead of the template (the template was longer) so my finished circle is approximately 19" across.  I quilted 1/2" lines in a spiral (starting near the center) before appliquéing the circle with Lite Steam-A-Seam 2.  On the back I used a gold coloured fabric from Cranston Print Works from my stash.  For batting I used Hobbs Heirloom 80/20.


No comments:

Post a Comment