Thursday 6 June 2013

Another Patchwork Bucket


This my second Patchwork Bucket.  I did one less row in the body so it is approximately 9.5" tall.  Again I quilted 1/2" lines horizontally on the body and cross-hatched 1/2" lines on the bottom.  I left a little more hand room in the handles so they stick out from the bucket a little more.
Fabrics:  Most were from my scrap bin but the "bees" & the "buzz" were new fat quarters I recently got at Serge & Sew (of course I picked the ones without the selvedge info so I'm not sure which company they are from).  The black & white checkered (bucket bottom) is a Mary Engelbreit for VIP fabrics by Cranston and the yellow lining/faux binding is Jasmine by Pamela Mostek for Clothworks.
Thread:  King Tut 934 (variegated & being used on a lot of my projects these days - it's mainly yellow but has orange & green too)
Specialty Ruler Used:  Cut A Round by Phillips Fiber Arts
Batting:  Pellon Fusible Fleece 987F
Based on tutorial from: www.quarterinchmark.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment